CGC INGHAM is located on the Truman Waterfront on the western edge of Key West. We are in the center of the new beautiful multi-million dollar park with with a childrens playground with slides and a great water feature.
U.S. COAST GUARD CUTTER INGHAM (WHEC-35) Maritime Museum
The U.S. Coast Guard Cutter SAMUEL D. INGHAM (Builder's No. CG-66) was built at the Philadelphia Navy Yard and was the fourth cutter to bear that name. The Treasury Department awarded her contract on 30 January 1934. Her keel was laid on 1 May 1935 and she was launched on 3 June 1936 along with her sister Treasury-class cutters WILLIAM J. DUANE and ROGER B. TANEY. The SAMUEL D. INGHAM was christened by Ms. Katherine INGHAM Brush on that date and the new cutter was formally commissioned on 12 September 1936.
The Coast Guard assigned her to her permanent home station of Port Angeles, Washington, where she participated in the annual Bering Sea patrols. She departed Philadelphia on 6 November 1936 and arrived in Port Angeles on 12 December 1936. With the commander of the Bering Sea Patrol aboard, SAMUEL D. INGHAM departed for the Bering Sea on 20 April 1937. It was during this patrol that all of the Treasury Class cutters' names were shortened in May of 1937 and SAMUEL D. INGHAM's name then became simply "INGHAM." She detached from the Bering Sea Patrol on 28 July 1937 and arrived back at Port Angeles on 9 August. On 14 June 1938 INGHAM departed on a special fisheries cruise until 18 August 1938 and conducted another the following summer, arriving back at Seattle on 18 July 1939.